The main objective for which the College of Insurance and Financial Management was established is to provide long lasting solutions to manpower training and development problems of the insurance industry in Nigeria.
Other objectives of the College include:
Continuous identification of the manpower needs of the Nigerian insurance industry and providing training in such areas.
To form a pool of experts, teachers and trainers at the national and international level for teaching risk management, insurance and financial management.
To develop and design various insurance training modules, books and course materials.
To conduct mandatory training programmes for various insurance industry personnel.
- To conduct short term training in insurance, financial management and related fields for personnel in the financial sector.
- To conduct diploma courses in insurance, financial management and risk management.
- To conduct seminars, symposiums, conferences and panel discussions on the financial industry especially the insurance sector.
- To contribute economically and socially to the economy through solution-focused research activities in collaboration with the industry, regulators, federal agencies and other institutions of higher learning in area of the insurance and financial management
- The publication of books, journals and magazines on insurance, risk management and financial management.
- To collaborate with the Chartered Insurance Institute (Lond.) and other insurance institutes internationally to fulfil the mission of the college.
- To develop a linkage programme that affords graduates from the college access to higher education in insurance locally and internationally.
- To promote the awareness of insurance practice and its benefits to socio-economic wellbeing through awareness seminars.
To obtain membership of international associations like the Association of African Insurance Educators and Trainers (AAIET) and the Institute for Global Insurance Education (IGIE) to ensure that our training programs are of international standards